Welcome

Hello and welcome, this is about me, my family, hobbies, friends, etc. I love to scrapbook, read good books, watch TV, be a mom, hang with friends, find things on sale, and chocolate. Stop by my online scrapbook store, http://www.outonalimbscrapbooking.com/ to find great, hard to find products, be inspired, and make some new friends. Hope to see you all there. Kate

Sunday, June 8, 2008

8 years...

8 years ago today Jeff and I got married, after knowing each other for only 3 short months. I tried to find some pictures but we got married back when digital cameras were still in the future and I didn't feel like going through pictures and scanning them, so just use your imagination. We were young, although at the time I thought we were so old, Jeff was 25 and I was a month short of my 23rd birthday. I was a good 20 pounds heavier than now, and Jeff was a good 30 pounds lighter. We certainly don't waste time in our family because Gracie was born just 9 months later. (Actually 8 months and 3 weeks, but don't freak out, that was because she was breech and we had to schedule a C-Section a week before my due date.)

I can honestly say that Jeff is my very best friend, we love to just hang out and laugh together. I know that we will always be together because no other man would put up with me the way he does. We seem to compliment each other in many ways (meaning he does everything for me that I don't want to, and sometimes I do things for him). Examples:

1- He always puts up with my crazy ideas, but I have to talk him into them, (I usually have to talk a lot before he will finally agree).

2-I hate, hate ordering food through a drive through, I only do it if the kids are crying in the car because they are so hungry, Jeff is always in charge of getting food. (That includes ordering pizza, something I refuse to do).

3-I hate putting gas in the car, so he usually makes sure I'm always filled up.

4-He does the dishes for me and takes out the trash.

5-He lets me sleep in on the weekends even though he wakes up at 3:00am every morning for work (I blame that on his internal alarm clock because he can't sleep past 7:00).

6-He changes Millie's diapers when he's home.

7-He puts up with my millions of phone calls a day complaining about the latest disaster at home.

P.S. (I feel like a horrible wife reading over this.)

Things I do for my husband:

1-I'm the one who mows the lawn most of the time, I would rather mow the lawn then clean the kitchen, and I think Jeff probably would to so maybe this doesn't count....

2-hmmmm, let's see, what else do I do...

3-I grow and give birth to his babies, doesn't that count for something?

well I think that's about it, aren't we perfect for each other?

5 comments:

Emme Art & Music said...

ha ha ha. this is cute.

lindseyj said...

oh stop it. i'm sure jeff could think of a million more things. you guys are perfect for each other :)

kathie said...

glad you had a fun anniversary and that you two are best friends. enjoy these years no matter how difficult it can be sometimes with the little ones because they go by so very fast. dad and i miss those times BELIEVE YOU ME! who does that sound like? i miss her too.

Larson Family said...

This made me laugh. I remember when you first met Jeff and you couldn't stop talking about him when we were on spring break. I agree that you two are perfect together. You have the most beautiful family!

wendipooh13 said...

congrats on your anniversary!!! soo exciting!!!