Welcome

Hello and welcome, this is about me, my family, hobbies, friends, etc. I love to scrapbook, read good books, watch TV, be a mom, hang with friends, find things on sale, and chocolate. Stop by my online scrapbook store, http://www.outonalimbscrapbooking.com/ to find great, hard to find products, be inspired, and make some new friends. Hope to see you all there. Kate

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

counting down the days...

Just two more days until our annual Cabin trip. It can't come soon enough. This is the one vacation I get a year and the kids and I are ready to go, well almost.

I have been doing laundry for 3 days straight so we will have some clothes to take with us.

I bought the kids those ugly swimmer shoes, so hopefully no slivers in the feet this summer. (This is a ritual we go through ever summer, that I don't want to repeat this time).

We are stocked up on sun block, swim suits, and beach towels, so it better be warm, but you never know with the cabin.

I have a years worth of page kits to put together and pictures to put on those kits, since this is the only time I scrapbook for myself.

They only things to be done are pack, and go grocery shopping for enough food to last us a couple of weeks.

We used to go up with my mom, Rebecca and her kids, and we would stay for weeks on end. Now that Beega's in Japan my mom and I go up with the kids for a week or two, the kids play outside, play in the water, catch some fish, go for nature walks, and take baths in the sink. Then we put the kids to bed and put a good movie on, and scrapbook until we can't stay awake, then we go to bed and do it again the next day.

Then the cousins and Grandpa come up on the weekend, and it turns into a big party with boat rides, Sea-Doo rides, water weenie rides, big pancake breakfasts made by Grandpa, smores also made by Grandpa, a pirate treasure hunt, 4-Wheeler rides by Uncle Craig, lots of game playing at night, Stacie's good dips and cookies, and lots of fun and laughter.

I can tell you that the cabin is the closest place to heaven on earth, I have so many memories of going there every summer of my life, and my kids have done the same thing, and they already have so many memories, just two more days.









3 comments:

Emme Packer Blog said...

owens hair in that last picture is priceless!

JuLene said...

I WANT TO COME!!!! It was so much fun when we would go there. Hope you have a safe, and fun time. Tell all the Packers hi for me.

JuLene

Rebecca said...

So I've been OK with the fact that you are all up there again and I'm not until I saw all of the pictures with cousins and my boys aren't in them. I know I should be used to it by now, but I feel bad that my boys are missing out. Of course, I never tell them and hardly ever even talk about it so they don't know what they are missing out on. I wish I could be at the cabin playing games, and all of that fun. I wish you weren't feeling so sick! I hope it is still fun anyway. Love you. And Hi Julene!